Re: Storm ?

Hi there,
Long time since I last looked at the list - work and that.  Nice to see that
it's the same old faces ( or should that be fingers) at work.

I've got a MKII Storm and the badging is a mix of stickers & plastic - mine
is missing all of them, except the b-pillar 'karmann' badges.
There should be a 'storm' badge on the grille, where the 16v one goes and
stickers on the rear - on the panel above the bumper instead of the usual on
the tailgate.  The left hand sticker should be  'VOLKSWAGEN' and the right
hand is 'SCIROCCO STORM'. I think the MKI storm was the same.  With the
exception of the b-pillar badge, which is now deleted ( in the UK ), none of
these badges/stickers ever existed, according to ETKA.  Needless to say,
dealers have never heard of them - the usual story is that they were
specially badged on import and therefore the badges never existed on the
spares system.
  I was considering getting the stickers made-up, from photos I have, but
have never got round to it. I've also toyed with using corrado 'storm'
badges as an alternative but I don't know if they are still available.

Ewan Hopkins.
1985 2.0 Storm