Re: Idle Problem Still/Again

Throttle cable slack is normal and should NOT be taken up by adjusting the
cable. The cable is designed to have slack and the correct way to adjust is
to adjust the cable at full thottle and not to have the pedal not on thee
floor at full thottle with the TB fully open. Taking up the slack in the
cable will cause many cable and pedal grommet problems.

>From: "E.Noval" <aryasu19@idt.net>
>To: <SubConSk8@aol.com>, <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Re: Idle Problem Still/Again
>Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 20:44:35 -0500
>
>Did you check for any exhaust leak which could make you lose back pressure?
>Its my experience that the throttle line in VW's needs to be manually
>tightened up/adjusted sometimes for slacking as well.
>
>-ed

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco