Re: Cabby/Jetta dash in Mk1 Rocco

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 14:51:45 -0500 Scott Williams <sfwilliams@home.com>
writes:
> Okay, now how about fitting an early Jetta or Cabriolet dashboard
> into a Mk1 Scirocco? Will that work? The Cab's dash looks very much
like
> the early Scirocco types and I'm guessing that they are
interchangeable.
> Does that sound right? What kinds of provisions would I have to make
> to drop it into my Rocc? Would any cutting or lengthening be involved
> or is it a bolt-in affair. It's just too damned cold out in my garage
> start measuring things. :^)

I don't think that they are wide enough...

If they are, <g>, I have a rustfree '81 2dr Jetta for parts or whole, $50
for the dash or $100 for the whole car, it needs a drivetrain, btw.

Located approx. 30 miles south of the Philadelphia International Airport.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'80 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco 16V
'83 GTI, daily driver

              To reply to the Scirocco list click here:
<mailto:thescirocco@juno.com,scirocco-l@scirocco.org>