Re: Rally Scirocco

Michael Yarascavitch wrote:

> Has anybody had any experience in spring rates for off road
> performance rally vw's, as well as which bilsteins; rally, sport etc.
> By the way I ve got a quaife lsd installed on my 87 16v, best $1200 I've
> ever spent.

Hey, rallying is boring. Who'd want to do that? Watch NASCAR or mudbog...

(Scott wakes up from a bad nightmare)
Okay, I stage rally a Rabbit GTi on gravel, snow, and tarmac. The great
majority of my competition is done in the forests so dirt is my main bag.
Anyway, I've settled on running 250lb front/175lb rear coilovers, stock
swaybars front and rear, and revalved Bilstein HDs for dirt use. The strut
inserts come stock at about 150lbs rebound and 50lbs compression. I had the
factory revalve them to 300/100lbs. The rear shocks remain stock stiffness.
Btw, the Bilstein Rally versions are more durable but are much more
expensive.

As for snowy conditions, I run the stock springs and unmodified Bilstein
HDs. I haven't decided on a swaybar configuration yet.

HTH... Lemme know how else I may be of service to you...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out my team's rally website!