Re: Speedo cable chattering in cold

> Now that the temperatures are cold again, my speedo cable is once again
> making its god-awful chattering noises at all speeds above 45 mph.  I
> was wondering if this is a natural occurence in Sciroccos, just as
> teeth-chattering is in humans?  In any case, I really can't stand it
> anymore as it's so loud that it even drowns out the normally
> ear-shattering volume I keep my stereo set at.  Why does this happen?
> Does some kind of outer sleeve shrink due to the cold and rub against
> the inner cable?

  mine doesn't chatter, but it does jitter. i was told this was because
my cable needed replaced. i bought a one-piece (thereby bypassing the
egr which never came on anyway) for $17 but have yet to install it.
funny thing is, though, my speedometer is now working properly. hmmm.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com