Subject: (Mk2) Bilstein Sport vs HD

>After five years I finally managed to bust a front insert.  I replaced
>them both (again, with Bilstein).  Thinking about replacing the rear and
>am debating sport or HD.  When I purchased the struts in the first
>place, I ordered them directly from Bilstein and they recommended using
>HD in the rear because there really is no weight and I was told the car
>would ride better.  I know some folks on the list use sport all the way
>around.  What is your feelings about sports on rear?  Thanks.

I know you meant to say that you warranted the inserts, right?  My 2nd set
(on the Jetta) actually failed after 2 months, but the report they did
revealed metal shavings from the manufacturer had compromised the seal.
Their lifetime warranty is why I went with Bilstein in the first place; so I
only have to pay for the alignment and R & R.

David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco
Anthracite '84 GLI
Eugene, OR