Re: seat belts (and seats) questions

"Max F. Schulte" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Dunno whether this has ever been discussed before, but anyway... There
> is a thing about my seat belts. They kinda don't roll up that good
> anymore. In fact they don't even roll up all the way back and just
> "hang" there. Any way to fix it? Do I have to replace those damn things?

The Bentley says not to mess around with them as far as opening and or
lubricating the seat belt "roller-uppers". Whisking the internals with a
good stiff brush to remove dust and built up grime is the only
recommended renewal procedure. THat said i also be careful of full
disassembly as the spring inside will no doubt be under tension and will
provide a lively show when released.

> Also what do you guys use to lubricate the seat tracks? Silicon oil
> spray? I used that on my sunroof and it worked pretty well. Thanks for
> your time.
> Regards,
> -Max
> '92 Scirocco GTII

Seat rails seem to behave less to light weight oils vs a heavy
viscosity, high weight bearing grease type lube.

Sorry for my ungrammatically correct sentences, striving for the factual
and lyrical over the literal.

TBerk
PS- I was at the dealer to see if they had some Stabilant for me over
the counter but didn't bring the part #, What I did get was some seat
rail guides, inner and outer for less that a buck a piece. Two seats
require 4 of each, a total of 8 units. Part numbers are avail but I need
to see if what I got was all that I need.