Re: Mint Mk1 'S' Dash...How Rare

--- Kareem E Baddour <6keb1@qlink.queensu.ca> wrote:
> Hi Gang,
>
> I recently scored a black crack-free Mk1 Dash.
> Only problem is that its not an 'S' Dash. Has
> a silver stripe across it. Not a huge deal, but
> I prefer the clean look of the 'S' one. Can the
> silver strip be tastefully removed or painted?
> Its pretty fat so I doubt painting it would look
> good.
> Does anyone want to trade me a mint S one for
> mine + $$. Didn't think so. Guess I'll wait until
> the
> spring to see if another comes up (not holding my
> breath)
> before putting this one in...
> Kareem
> '81 Scirocco S
> '88 Scirocco 16v

This sounds like an early "pre-woodgrain" (1975-1977)
dash - very cool!

this is the same style as appeared in the early
Scirocco GTi in europe.

I have the same style dash (thanks to Ken Buck)and it
will be replacing the sun ravaged dash in my 1981
Scirocco S. (which I will be Un-S ing by the way).

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM