Re: Hill climbing Scirocco

156hp 5 cyc Turbo with all wheel drive vs. 4 cyl front-drive

I know which one is going to get to the top of the moutain first! and it
isn't our cars unless the Audi breaks down.  I know it is fun to compare
Scirocco's with other cars,  and it is the most popular to compare power to
power.  The fact is, Sciroccos are WEAK, yes I said it.  76 hp, 90hp, or 123
hp just can't keep up with V-8s, Turbos, or even the better V-6's.  Granted
any Scirocco can out perform most new cars in many ways (including economy),
but they are still kin to the Golf 1, which was intended as a "peoples car"
not a race car. When we include the balance, swiftness, and the common sense
our Sciroccos were endowed with, I wouldn't pick a different car (Unless of
couse I was racing up mountains and wanted to win).  Basically, don't take
your stocker to a drag race...
Note: for all of you who have been fortunate enough to make your Scirocco's
fast, congrats!  I hope to join you someday.