Re: That stinky Scirocco moment...

Mike,
Just a stab at this one,
If you had just finished a hard run and were waiting to grid there are
two possibilities that come to mind.
1. Slight oil leak onto the exhaust manifold from valve cover, sensors,
     or other. (hot, thin oil under higher pressure)
2. Oil in the air box (8V's sometimes do this without the later cam
    splash guard, 16V setup?)
I had a problem with both of these on the 1.8 JH motor that was in my
Cosmo's Scirocco only after running it 'hard'.
Hope this helps a little.

Randy B.
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - soon to be 2.0L 16V
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc