Re: good mechanic in Silver Spring/DC area?

In a message dated 1/17/00 21:17:42 Eastern Standard Time,
thescirocco@juno.com writes:

> On Mon, 17 Jan 2000 20:25:34 EST NJNagel@aol.com writes:
>  > Hi all....
>  >
>  > thought I had finally found a good mechanic... was futzing with my
>  > car the other day and discovered that my cruise control vacuum thingy
>  is
>  > missing...
>  > only exp. I can come up with is that the mech sez he did me a "favor"
>  by >replacing my leaky valve cover gasket while doing the water pump...
>  Did he at least use the rubber gasket?
>
>  > not much of a favor if you don't put it all back together now is it?
>  enough
>  > of this crap, I hate having to take my car back again and again.  Only
>  > question in my mind is why I didn't notice it the next day at Peter's
>  when I was trying to guesstimate without having a jack whether the relay
>  shaft bracket he gave me would fit (it didn't.  I'm having a bad car
>  week...)  So....  anyone
>  > know a  shop they'd recommend?
>  >
>  > thanx
>  >
>  > nate
>  I thought it looked different... I have a manual steering relay shaft
>  bracket, that you can have instead.
>
>  Personally I think you should take it to the guy who installed your FF
>  transaxle.
>
>  Peter

I would, nice workspace and always offers me a beer too.  Only downside is if
my car is really fuxored towing from DC to Delaware is a bitch. ;)  and I can
hitch a ride from the other shop to work, I don't know anyone that I work
with that commutes past your place...  not your fault about the bracket, if I
had borrowed a jack and actually crawled under the car I would have caught it
myself.  kinda hard to see peering through all the cables 'n' hoses though....

later

nate