Re: removing a plug

Oliver Seiler wrote:

> Before a damage another one, could someone let me in on the secret of
> disconnecting those square plugs around the engine of my car? I'm talking
> about the ones that connect things like the cold-start valve, the
> auxilliary air regulator, etc. I broke off a chunk of plastic on the
> auxilliary air regulator plug, but it's still on solid. I can see how it's
> connected but can't think of a way to get it off, except perhaps with a
> special tool, or maybe some acrobatic fiddling around with a couple
> screwdrivers.
>
> -Oliver

Oli,

Look at the electrical plugs. Most of them have a wire built into them.
Pressing this wire in a horizontal manner enables them to be pulled off
it's second half.

This said I revisit the early cars in my mind and find that they are
held on with true grit and break as soon as you touch them. Having never
worked at the dealer I can not speak to a special tool but it's part of
the territory to break stuff on an older car. <sigh>

Last word is to grasp firmly, wiggle with alacrity, and 'listen to the
Force, Luke".

TBerk
Just as pissed as you are.