Re: (Mk2) Bilstein Sport vs HD

dalewitt wrote:

> After five years I finially managed to bust a front insert.  I replaced
> them both (again, with Bilstein).  Thinking about replacing the rear and
> am debating sport or HD.  When I purchased the struts in the first
> place, I ordered them directly from Bilstein and they reccommended using
> HD in the rear because there really is no weight and I was told the car
> would ride better.  I know some folks on the list use sport all the way
> around.  What is your feelings about sports on rear?  Thanks.

When I bought my car in '98, it had Bilsteins all 'round and some funky
springs that were shot and allegedly not even the right application.  Turned
out the PO had removed a set of Konis and dug this crap up somewhere and
slapped it on before putting car up for sale.  Bilsteins were COMPLETELY
blown - Potter had never seen Bilsteins so completely GONE!  He managed
to warranty swap them for me (for Sports) and I went with H&R sports
and Neuspeed bars at the same time.  Man o' man - I was pleasantly
surprised at how comfortable the thing is for a daily driver.  The thing
is not harsh or uncomfortable AT ALL.  Go sports all the way.. if you
could drive my setup I'm sure you'd agree...

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0