Oil Problem!!

problem #1- at exactly 2150 RPM's, the oil light on my 84 Rabbit GTI comes on
and buzzes. it only does this after it is thoroughly warmed up (i.e. run for
at least 20 minutes) the light will stay on and flicker til 2350 RPM's.

problem #2- the entire front subframe is covered with oil. the car seems to
not burn much, and I dont loose a noticeable amount, but the bottom of the
chassis and engine is covered in oil. it extends up into the engine
compartment also.

are these symptoms of a bad sump gasket? any ideas? thanks.

MJH