Re: air flow sensor question

--- Mark Peele <type53@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > The 1715 motor's factory power rating on the EN
> > motor
> > > was the same for 1981 & 1982. If they switched for
> > > 1982, then the power rating should have increased.
> > >
> > > Perhaps they switched mid year, or perhaps your
> > > airflow meter/fuel distributor was replaced by a
> > PO.
> >
> > Ok, *now* I'm getting pretty curious.  I'm gonna dig
> > up the
> > intro article from an old VW & Porsche (circa 1982)
> > to see
> > what they have to say, 'cuz I'm pretty sure I
> > remember it
> > was mentioned.
>

> be careful with VWP, they have occasional errors in
> them - i have several issues with blatantly incorrect
> technical data.

Granted, this very well could be.  Here's what they had to
say in the March / April 1982 VW & Porsche article about
the new '82 Scirocco:

"There have been a number of changes in the fuel injection
system.  For instance, the diameter of the sensor plate has
increased from 60 to 80mm.  This brings much larger air
metering forces into play and should improve throttle
response."

I'm not sayin' that they're right or wrong, it very well
could have been a mid-year thing.

Oh fwiw, I had an '82 a couple years ago, and I'm pretty
sure it had the 80mm plate.  :)

=====
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco    <---For sale  :(
'80 Scirocco S
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v (2)
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry