Re: air flow sensor question

--- Mark Peele <type53@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Anthony Pelletier <vwnuts@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > My 82 with a 1.7 had the bigger air flow meter.  I
> > assume it was stock as there were no other mods to
> > the
> > car.
>
> The world if full of possibilities . . .
>
> The 1715 motor's factory power rating on the EN motor
> was the same for 1981 & 1982. If they switched for
> 1982, then the power rating should have increased.
>
> Perhaps they switched mid year, or perhaps your
> airflow meter/fuel distributor was replaced by a PO.

Ok, *now* I'm getting pretty curious.  I'm gonna dig up the
intro article from an old VW & Porsche (circa 1982) to see
what they have to say, 'cuz I'm pretty sure I remember it
was mentioned.

=====
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco    <---For sale  :(
'80 Scirocco S
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v (2)
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry