[tech]power sunroof conversion

Last night I (started and) finished one of my "whoa, neat" projects.

I now have a power sunroof.

I got the motor, switch, and panel from a later Audi 5000. The mounting
points for the motor are the same as for the crank, so that is no
problem. The problem is that the motor is way big, and metal needs to be
removed to make it fit. I also had to fabricate a way to mount the
panel.

It is sweet. But there are 3 things left to address.

1. The roof moves kind of slowly. I got the motor from the junkyard, so I
don't know if it is weak, or if I need to lube up the sunroof. I had no
problem with the crank. Any tips?

2. Space is tight, and the headliner is pushed up by the switch. I might
pull it all out, and remove some more metal to get it to sit flush. No
biggie yet.

3. The visors are now too long, and until I trim down the ends, they
won't go into their clips. Also no biggie.

I am very happy with the install. Went much faster than I thought.

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0 with power sunroof, power doors, power trunk, and power
antenna, none stock. Maybe this will be a SLC after all?