Re: building a better short shift kit...

Hey, Alex!
Have you replaceed your shifter bushings lately? This could also be the
problem.

I understand the necessity to have closer shifting. In order to create
closer shifting you need to lengthen the lever that has the rod connected to
it via a metal clip. Shorten the selector lever by the exact amount and
drill holes respectively. The only problem i have run into is the clearance
between the relay leever and the engine block (guy wanted extreme shifting).
HTH

>From: "Alex Ting" <alext@nu2u.net>
>To: "scirocco list" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: building a better short shift kit...
>Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 12:39:49 -0800
>

>ok,
>I have the eurosport short shift kit in both of my rocs, and
>have driven several other types.  I'm beginning to feel that
>the throw is still too long, so I'm thinking of different options.
>The kits are set at maximum reduction right now, and I will be
>cutting the shifter down a bit (but not too much!).
>Can a make an even shorther throw?  Do I just have to modify
>the selector rod, or are there other issues?
>What's the best way to go about this?
>
>p.s.: the reason I ask is because I was driving my girlfriend's
>honduuhh, and her stock throw is as short as my reduced throw! >=(
>
>Alex Ting
>Account Manager
>Millennium Solutions Group, Inc.
>575 Menlo Dr. #4
>Rocklin, CA  95765
>
>Phone:  888.801.2001 ext. 228 or 916.630.2001
>Fax:  916.630.2000
>email:  alext@nu2u.net
>icq #19613213
>

>--

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco