air flow sensor question

Just out of curosity, what size air flow sensor is my '82 supposed to
have?  I have read in several different places that all 1.7's came with
the 60mm, but mine has the 80mm.  It's entirely possible that the sensor
was switched over from a GTi since so much of this car is not "original"
(like, say, the right side is from a red Scirocco, and the front end from
a black one.  The rear suspension is from a later one that had the
factory swaybar holes.  Rear hatch with a larger spoiler...  Imagine my
surprise when I figured this all out!) and when I replaced the fuel
filter, none of the filters for an '82 even fit, but the A1 GTi did.

B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. "Fritz")
'85 Jetta
GO HOKIES!!!