Mystery part identification

Hi all,

While poking around my engine tonight, I found a little box sitting behind
the coolant expansion tank, not mounted to the chassis. Two cables connect
to the front (round connectors), and I have two more plugs without cables,
each paired with one with a cable. The only writing I can see is over
one of the unconnected plugs: OXS. I assume this has something to do with
the fuel system and emissions control, but I can't figure out what it is.
Anybody know?

This is on an '86 MkII 8V.

Thanks,
Oliver