re: [mkII] reinstalling A/C

>  have been a hole cut into the area of the heater core around where the
>
> I have heard of a lot of people doing this so they can change their leaky
> heater core. They say it cuts about 4 hours off the labor time to
> change it.

I'd say 4 hours is probably a good estimate.  I figure I can change a heater
core in 30 minutes or less using the "hack" method, including the time to
drain and refill the coolant.   You don't even have to remove the center
console, which I figured out too late.

Documented time saver at:
http://www.driversfound.com/scirocco/techtips/heatercore/

Greg :)

Gregory Davis       1985 Euro-spec Scirocco

GAK Motorsports... Your source for German Plates,
country emblems, and more!

Please visit http://www.DriversFound.com