Re: [mkII] high-pitched engine noise

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, T Berk wrote:

> Tips on getting better replies;
>
> Add a bit about the car like it's year and or any motor mods or swaps- I
> have an 84 MkII w/ an Audi lower block in it, etc....

Ooops -- it's a very stock (as far as I can tell) '86 8V. This is part of
the problem, I think, since many of the stock parts are also original
parts, on a car with 150000 miles on it.

> Don't get me wrong, it is a good post, lots of info.
>
> I believe the sound you are hearing is the normal operation of the
> Frequency Valve operating in the Fuel Dist.
> s'OK, it's _supposed_ to make noise.

Well, that's all I really wanted to know. Got off on a (useful) tangent
there. I've unfortunately never had the opportunity (yet) to hear a well
tuned stock Scirocco engine, so have nothing to compare it to. Hell, this
is my first car, period, and I was never what you'd call a car enthusiast
before this (I was holding off as long as possible, really).

Thanks!

-Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com
    Scirocco MkII Diary - http://erisian.com/~oseiler/scirocco/index.html