Re: Need advice on that STINKIN' pass. side motor mount

Vaughn8v@aol.com wrote:

> Yo all,
>
>     Okay, not to start up a motor mount thread again.....
> buuuut, should I unbolt the CVs, the front and rear tranny mounts
> and try and tilt the motor downwards?  Has anyone done this
> job on a 16v?
> Thanks a million,
>
> Ben
> 88 16v Scirocco
>
> --

I can't see disconnecting the CVs would be ness. But the front and rear
might help. Really though the basic problem for the Pass. side mount is
the lack of 'dead cat swing room'. In other words it's hard to get the
hex socketed bolt out, that and the other bolts holding the mount to the
side are cramped by the side of the engine bay. Real Hex Wrench (like
Craftsman or better) as opposed to a handy fold up set, is almost a must
have type tool for this.

You can do it.
TBerk