Drum brake problem

I replaced my brake shoes recently, and I noticed that the right drum was
fairly tight to get back on.  I am able to rotate the drum by hand, but it
doesn't spin freely like the left side.  The adjuster is backed all the way
off, so that shouldn't be the problem.  Is it fairly common for new brake
shoes to be tight like this?  Should I just drive it this way and let the
drum wear the friction material down to the right size, or am I likely to
warp my drum?

TIA!
Aaron
'84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!