FS: Dead Scirocco

Subject:
         Price for a dead car....(pics attached)
    Date:
         Sat, 08 Jan 2000 22:54:39 -0600
   From:
         Nate Mellom <bronson@inwave.com>
     To:

I tried to send this with a couple pictures attached, did anyone get it?  If not, I do have pics of anybody is interested.  Again, I'm in Northern Illinois.

Hey all.
I think I've decided that I am going to sell my car instead of repairing
it, due to money concerns and a recent engagement.  I'm just curious
what I can get for my car, and if anybody would be interested in it.
Here are the stats.
Silver 1984 Scirocco (manufacture date Feb. 1984)
1.8l 8v with a 268-degree Autotech cam, 109,000 miles, seized
Interior is actually pretty nice, moderate wear for a 16 year old car
(dark blue/light blue seats, worn but not ripped or torn, headliner is
somewhat dirty but in good shape, no sunroof)
Body is in good shape, some minor rust here and there, front facia has a
dent (looks like a curb hit it, should be able to be straightened out)
on the left side
Everything is stock, except for the Pioneer CD player (which will come
back out)
Transmission, suspension, all the engine mechanicals (expect for the
engine, of course...fuel injection, intake, coolant, radiator, etc) in
good condition

I have MANY extra parts, including 3 or 4 center consoles, a white 16v
hatch with CHMSL and the big wing, a white passenger door skin, white
passenger front fender (no rust on anything), almost complete wiring
harness, new (used, but in good shape) front and rear struts (stock),
streering rack (manual), radiator, 16v lower strut brace, lots and lots
of misc. stuff in boxes.  It all came with the car, the guy that had it
before me had 3 Sciroccos prior to this one and parted a couple of them
out.  The wheels that are on it are 14" Enkei, with P205 60 14 Pirelli
HPs, (almost new tread, and they actually stick pretty well
[directional]), I also have the original 13" alloys (with what looks
like original tires, and 2 GTI wheels with not-so-good tires, plus 2
brand new 14" snow tires, unmounted). I installed the Hella 530 fog
lights, they may or may not be sold with it, depending on how I feel.
I want to get as much as I can out of my car.  I bought it for $1200 in
October, and it has never stopped costing me money.  Apart from the
engine being shit, the local VW shop said the fuel system need to be
replaced (from the tank to the filter, lines, accumulator, pump).  It's
just not worth putting almost $1000 into it myself right now for a new
engine and fuel system, so I want to just get rid of it.  I loved my
car, and I will get another one (I have gotten the Scirocco itch), most
likely a 16v, eventually.  My question is...what is my car worth to
anyone out there?  Should I sell it whole or part it out?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Nate