First tickets of the year 2000

Speaking of speed traps, anyone besides me get a ticket this year already?
January 2, 2000 I received a ticket for failure to dim my high beams ($175)!
Yes they were on.  No I don't normally subject oncoming traffic to my high
beams.  I was momentarily distracted by icy conditions and gravel on an
unfamiliar curve, and it just happened to be a state trooper I blasted (400
watts of high beam unfortunately).  I'm thinking a warning might have
sufficed, especially since I am very courteous and passive to the boys in
Blue.  I guess I'll see him in court.

Hopefully nobody got DUII's on New Years (and if you did, I hope your life
gets very miserable), but let's hear who else has gotten plugged so early.

David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco
Anthracite '84 GLI
Eugene, OR