Re: UK Track Days? - Non Rocc really

My 89 was £400!  That's why I got so much money left over to make mods!  The
guy said the engine was over heating and leaking oil.  he wanted £700 and I
said the engine was probably on it's last leg and started to walk away so he
asked what i would give for it.  Since the body was in decent shape I said
£400, and £400 it was. hehe...

Drove it to the gas station and noticed the radiator fan was unplugged
(probably the doings of some shoddy mechanic) and it's been running fine
since... except for the oil leak.

When I was 18 I was driving around in diesel MKI Rabbit! (Golf)  But poy did
i have a good time...  Great torque too...  drove that car to 210K  before
getting an audi hand me down from Dad.  I think the guy I sold it to still
drives it around our little town in Connecticut.

he was up until last year...