I need a car.

I didn't want to drive my '79 Scirocco this winter and I still don't.  But I
haven't been able to find another car yet.  Does anybody know of a reliable
VW in the Midwest region?  I'm in Minneapolis, but I could travel for the
right car.  I don't want to spend money fixing what ever I buy because my
money is going toward swapping a 16V engine into the Scirocco.

Can anybody help?  If not I'm going to do something foolish like buy a new
compact pickup.  Then I'll be saddled with a payment and I'll never get my
Scirocco finished.

Thanks,

Ben R