RE: Clutch Labor

Last summer my brother's clutch was going out in his '85 GTI, and he got two
different quotes of $300 for labor, both by independent mechanics.  He
limped it the 3 hours to my house, we bought a clutch and did the swap
ourselves.  It cost him $95 for the clutch kit, which we bought from Advance
Auto.  May not be the absolute best clutch you can get, but it came with
their lifetime warranty (for whatever that's worth) and he doesn't really
play boyracer, for some strange reason.  If I had his car, I sure would.

Aaron
'84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!
'70 Bug - hibernating
'87 Nissan truck - Soon to be for sale