Re: Electrical gremlins, continued...

Prepump?  Would that be the fuel pump that's right by the fuel tank?
This is the second fuel pump mention I've gotten (thanks Dave).  I have
actaully been a little suspect of that pump anyway, and I may just go
ahead and replace it.  It hasn't been changed in the 120K miles I've put
on the car, plus however long before I got it (250K total miles...).
Since I plan on holding onto that car forever, I'll have to eventually
replace the pump anyway and I'd rather do it on my terms.

According to Mr. Bentley it looks like a simple process.  Is there
anything I should know before I attempt?  Also, there is mention of a
fuel pressure accumilator.  I imagine I should do this to while I'm down
there?

I don't have any fuel pressure test kits, and hear that they are rather
expensive anyway (although I'm considering getting one anyway).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. "Fritz")