Re: Fw: How to bench bleed

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000 21:21:44 -0800 "Dave & Carol" <dcewing@prodigy.net>
writes:
>I have never done this but I have seen others do this and the pedal
usually
>ends up squishy.  Like there is air in the system.  Be your own judge,
but
>this is not the way to bleed your master cylinder.

Ive never had that experience.
If you bleed the entire system then there should be no air in the system.
It takes a little longer to get the system air free, no doubt. However
the hassle of bench bleeding it, then you still have to bleed the brake
system after you install the MC anyways. I think time wise it works out
to be about the same start to finish. Give and take. I just like the less
messy method myself.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi   82' Scirocco GTi   81' "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and