Fw: How to bench bleed

I used to bleed them in a vise with a big phillips head screw driver pushing
in on the piston slowly with short strokes with the little adapters to the
brake fluid outlet going back into the reservoir.  But, lately since I have
only been working on VW's, I just mount the master to the booster, and
without hooking up the lines, doing the same thing except using the brake
pedal.  Then once all the air is bled out (no more little bubbles coming out
of hoses in the reservoir from the brake fluid outlets) then hook up the
lines, pump up the pedal and crack each line a couple of times to bleed the
air out of the lines and viola, R&R master cylinder, done.  Some times you
will need to bleed the air out of the lines buy bleeding the whole system,
but usually, just cracking the lines at the master will bleed all the extra
air out and the pedal will feel fine.  HTH!!

Dave