Re: Gearbox tech, cable transmission into Scirocco

Roland Johansson wrote:

> I'm going to replace my gearbox with a cable transmission 02A because my
> 020 is breaking in pieces of too much torque.

Ugh.  I'm on my second cable-shifted VW ('97 GTI VR6, '99 GTI GLX) and I
absolutely HATE the VW cable shifters, to the point that I'd rather drive
an automatic.  I'm even considering dumping the GTI right now, and the
shifter is one of THE main reasons.  They're just awful.  They have
gotten steadily better over the years, and the 2000 models are actually
quite improved, but through '99 for sure, they're HORRIBLE.

I'd try to figure out how to beef up the 020 before even remotely
considering going to a cable shifter.  Oh yeah, the 02A tranny is a pile
of junk anyways!!   :0

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0