Re: {audio} powering deck

My newest Blaupunkt cd player is the best of both worlds...  you hook it up
normally (one constant power lead and one switched).  So it will turn off
when you turn the key off...  but if you want the radio on when the key
isn't, you can just turn it on.  I think it automatically turns off after
1/2 hour or so, but you can turn it on again if you want.

I really love Blaupunkt radios...   way more *useful* features than anything
else, priced reasonably, and are part of the Robert Bosch group

John

lots of stuff
http://www.prod.net/jvanvuren/vw.htm