Re: {audio} powering deck

> the entire car would die.  I talked to the place that installed my CD
> player and they said that without wiring the unit into the ignition, I
> would have to make certain the power on it was turned off every time I
> shut off the car.  They also said that they've installed stereos in many
> VW's and never had a problem.  The question is who's right (or is that
> less wrong)?  Does anyone know how the factory radios are wired?

  every vw i've known (except those specially altered) have a radio that
turns off/on independantly from the igniton. it does have it's
drawbacks, but it also has it's advantages. just depends on who you are.
i personally like it being independant.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com