Re: Don't swiss cheese your Airbox

Thanks Randy.......Well I'm glad I did this to my "spare" car and not ruined
the airbox from the good car.  But it does sound cool though....and when
people turn their heads, they see a high riding, rusty old rocco.  *L*

Where is the best place to put the inlet  hose for the air intake?

right now, (on the black roc) the hose is behind the front spoiler and it's
such a small hose.  The car sounds like it has an exhaust leak at the front
when I revv it, but it's the inlet hose making all the noise.  It just
doesn't seem to be big enough to take in all the air that the engine wants.

The PO did a bunch of other engine mods to the car, but nothing to the
intake.....I have since added a K&N, but I think it just needs more air.

Casey
84 Black Roc
84 Silver Winter Roc

> Casey,
> I'll have to disagree with you on this one.:)
> It will sound real cool and turn heads, and when the engine is cold you
> might find a few ponies. Once the engine is warm you will actually loose
hp,
> but it will still sound cool. I know this from experience swiss cheesing
my
> own airbox. There was also a dyno test in EC about a year ago where a
Jetta
> II was Dyno'd three times, once with the stock setup, once with a standard
> P-flo, and once with the P-flow in a box seperated from the engine and fed
> air from the front of the car. The boxed P-flo did the best, next was the
> stock setup, and lowest hp output was from the exposed P-flo.
> This is the reasoning. The colder the air, the more oxygen, and the more
HP.