Re: Wheel & Tire Dilemma.

Travis Bedford wrote:

> On my old '87, I had "17 wheels with H&R coilovers. Admittedly, it
> looked good, but the ride SUCKED. Were talking kidney paint  and
> shutting off the CD player with any and all cracks in the road. My
> question is, what is a good size wheel and tire combo? I want a good
> balance of looks and comfort.

I'm a firm believer in going +1 and no further for a street machine,
or 15" in this case.  I've +1'd all my 'dubs with excellent results
in all cases - very little tradeoff in daily driver comfort, but
better looks and handling.  My 'roc has 15" BBS mesh-style rims off
an early Corrado G60, with 195/50/15 Dunlop SP8000's - this is a
KILLER combo, both in looks and performance, with no need for a kidney
belt!

-kc-
'86.5 16V 2.0
'99 GTI GLX