Update on Idle

Well,

I had the cap, rotor, spark plugs and wires all replaced and it still
doesn't idle. The ole rocco will start up and then simply die. I had the
compression checked and the second cylinder is low on compression.
Actually, it's running at 35lbs of compression. Question: Will this low
compresssion cause the car not to idle? When warm, she'll idle but once
warmed up, I gotta restart the car at every stop. WTF? WHat do I do now? My
buddy told me that a valve job is required and that nothing else will help
my idling problems. Can anyone shed some light on this for me. Thanks

Sal
81 Scirocco
81 Scirocco S (16V to be)
84 Rabbit (now Gti)