clutch/synthetic tranney fluid

HI all

So it is finnally starting to warm up in the North
East.  I was out yesterday on a back road going into
the induastrial park.  I was flogging the scirocco.  I
ran out 1, 2, 3, and was about a hundred in 4th and
all of a sudden the tack falls to 7 and the clutch
starts slipping.  WTF?  the clutch has 10k on it I did
it last summer.  I messed with it on the way home.  It
would only slip in 4th or 5th above 4,000.  So first
thing is look for oil around the tranney.  None
underneath.  Pull cap on top of the tranny maybe a
trace of something.  So now I am wondering how the oil
got in there.  The rear main seal was new since the
clutch job.  The tranny seals looked good at the time.
 I swapped to synthetic though.  and I remember people
from the list having trouble with it.  I am using
mobil 1.  Is it possible that the synthetic caused my
problems?  I am gonna haul it apart and change the
seals and the clutch.  Sould I go back to dino fluid?
I am pretty pissed that I have to do another clutch 6
months later.

any info appretiated.
Tony