[Fwd: 84 to 86 scirocco question.]

I splat u wrote:
> <mailto:isplatu@aol.com>
>  I have a 84 scirocco with a bad transmision. I am looking to buy an 86 (8 v)
> scirocco, and need to know what the major changes are, and what parts are not
> interchangable. My bently only goes to 84, so I think there are some major
> changes, however they look the same under the hood.
>
>            T. Frank Hauser

Forwarded from the Watercooled Newsgroup.
This guy's email address is a trip but sounds like he could use some
help from the mk2 crowd.
Anybody want to send him some answers, support? I'm gonna ask him what
is wrong with the trans and why he doesn't just swap another in, if it
really is toast.

Maybe his old one will be available to someone on the list, who knows.

TBerk