Re: [all] who are we supposed to hate?

Dave wrote:

<snip>
>Basicly all the punks who think they are hard asses because mommy
>and daddy bought them , a honda. That is my take on it. So i guess in my
>opion its not a brand , but a mentality.

Hate is a pretty strong word, hmmmmmmm.
But I would have to agree with Dave here, it is the mentality not the car
brand.
Go to any VW car show and you will see the same "wanna look like a racecar"
VW's there as well and they usually win the top spots, leaving those of us
with
cars that are clean, classy, and true to the German theme of understatement
out in the cold like a wet smelly dog. At least that's the way it is out
here in CA.
If you've got lots of money to buy a new A4 or low mileage A3 car, pay
someone
to bolt on a lot of useless crap (not even knowing what the purpose of any
of it is)
than you are guaranteed a 1st place finish. I think you get a point for
every dollar
you spend, with bonuses for anything that attracts attention or detracts
from the
natural design beauty of the car or something like that. On the other hand,
if you
restore an older chassis car, like a Scirocco, use your brain and ingenuity
endow it with performance stuff that really works, keep it subtle and
classy, don't
even bother entering.
Ok enough with the cynicism already!, Sorry.
Just MY humble opinion.

Randy B.
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - soon to be 2.0L 16V
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc