RE: [all] who are we supposed to hate?

First off, I don't hate anyone because of their car.  Some, I'm jealous of
(Pantera, Slantnose 930s, etc.), some I admire (old Alfas, old British
marques, etc.), and others I'm entertained by because they just don't get
it.  Those are the people I think you're talking about.  The Civics you see
with the $3000 set of rims and the stock 1.25" tailpipe sticking out the
back.  The slammed Blazer with the coffee can tip and tons of stickers that
still needs a calendar to measure 0-60.  Or my favorite, any foreign car
with the Shelby paint scheme.  I think as VW owners, we're generally more
about function and less about style.  I personally think the best cars are
the ones that are tuned and modified properly, but look stock from the
outside to all but the untrained eye (also helps to avoid our friends in
blue).

So be on the lookout for the Accords with the table top wing and the stock
wing still attached to the trunk lid, the Sentras with the chrome covered
gas door, and the Escorts with the $4000 paint job on an otherwise stock
ride.  And when you see them, remember, don't hate them...

point at them...

and laugh out loud. ; )

-Brad
'86.5 Scirocco 16V