Reiger GTI VR6 at waterfest 99

    Hey anyone have PICS of the silver Reiger kited A4 GTI? Well, I'm the
wanker that built it and well I don't have many pictures of this thing. I'm
trying to get as many pictures of it how it was last summer. This thing is
going through some major changes and growing pains. Its also one of the major
reasons I don't get to work on my car or contribute to the list.

    Well, if anyone would like to know more about the car read on. Its a long
story I warn you but I feel I should tell it before I get all caught up with
the turbo and refitting of the body kit and panels. Peaked your interested
didn't I.

    OK well last summer the car was purchased and quickly built for Waterfest
for a top three in its class. Actually the building and planning started
early spring for the car but of coarse parts didn't' show up. Like our Reiger
body kit from HPA that didn't fit as they said and showed up 3 months late.
So it gave me one week to get this kit painted and fitted to the car. Then
the Scorpion Exhaust showed up on time but didn't fit the kit and had to be
reworked once the kit was fitted. The only people that pulled through for me
Were my Boys Randy and Raffi at Eurosport with the H&R coil overs and sway
bars, and a prototype cold air intake that I ended up painting. Even our
local shops doing the stereo system shagged us and so did Progressive wheels
being 5 weeks late with the 18X8.5 Niche Pultecs. Damn ugly wheel if you ask
me but the customer wanted them, I got him into some good wheels this year.

    Well, after fitting and painting all that in less then a week and almost
ending up in the hospital when I was shot in the eyes with brake cleaner, man
that hurt, and getting burned buy a really hot VR6 exhaust tips, man that
really hurt, we were on our way to the show. Well, On our way to the show we
went in a 10 deep group, mainly autocrosser. I followed up the rear behind
the GTI and ended up losing the group because one of my mechs forgot to
torque down the driver side wheel lugs. I should blame myself because I
should have doubled checked the work of the new guy. Any way after using one
stud from my rear wheels I got the GTI back on the road and to the show where
we could relax for a bit and raid the spare parts been in the trucks(we
trailered two Rabbit Gti's to the autocross) for more lugs.

    Well, I had a shitty day cause I won nothing that day. I couldn't believe
what won the VW A4 class. Bone stock with 18's and yellow mirrors. Well,
after being pissed a few days I got 4 Magazines on the phone and tons of
people calling the shop to shot the car and tell us that the car was in VW
power and Max Power and countless US VW mags (which honestly don't count to
me, now the euro ones count). So I was stoked and it got the owner of the car
to change his mind on selling the car and going on to the next stage. Now
here is where it gets nutty.

    OK so after scrapping some crazy ideas, like twin turbo 4 wheel drive
sequential six speed, which I've seen done. Why decided to go a bit milder.
First we got HPA to give us Euro front and rear bumpers that fit the Reiger
kit much better. Then we got some project Zwo mirrors and hatch blends. Then
go the Black background headlights to match the rears and an H.I.D conversion
for the GTI. Man do H.I.D's make a huge difference in night time driving. I
would love to do it to my rocco but at 1700+ a pop and 450 for replacement
bulbs its not looking to great.

    Thats all the new Junk for the outside. Now comes the fun stuff. I
finally got him to junk the homie G wheels and get some real wheels. Now a
nice set of 18X8.5  Compomotive 6 spokes are on there way from the UK. As
well as huge set of AP racing 4 pot brakes. Why such huge brakes and serious
wheels you say. Cause I want power! And boy is there going to be some major
power going through the new VW Motor Sport 6 Spd Gear box and Q-diff. No, the
Motor sport Gear box isn't a straight bolt on it need some major tweaking of
the bumper support. Next is building of the turbo manifold and tubing! Oh yes
a turbo charged 3.1 L A4 Chassis GTI is going to be in my little paws soon! I
just have to get the Fuel and ignition maps and timing right. Oh yes once all
the machine work is done to the motor. Then the little beast leaves my hands
and goes to get all the boring stereo and dvd TV crap installed.

I tried guys but he wouldn't budge on the TV and stereo crap. Least he is
putting a roll bar and possible cage in ti for some hot laps at Limerock.

So I will be making a page for all of this and going step by Step with photos
and tech for all you wankers that can only dram of this stuff like myself.
Man I wish I had money to be building these things for me and not for others.
But he I have to learn somewhere right?

So if you have any pics of this car from last years Water fest gimmie your
URL's or just email them to me.

Sorry for taking up so much time, But after we got the Gear box in tonight I
had to let you all know about one of my latest projects. Next long one will
be about the rocco and how I had a change of heart on handing it over to my
father.

Later
~Danny~
88 16v