Re: random problem - clutch not disengaging??

David Liu wrote:

> hey all-
>
> i had this problem about a month ago that i shrugged off, but it happened
> again yesterday and it was worse than before so i must ask for help from
> the group...

<snip>

> it's not a good feeling to start the engine with the clutch engaged..
>
> thanks
> dave

Dave, check the clutch pedal freeplay. Bentley says it should be 15-25
mm (5/8 - 1 in) before it begins to activate the clutch. It can be
adjusted in the engine bay by loosening the lock nut on the cable and
turing the adjustment knob. Turn it in half turns, a little goes a long
way.

That's the short term, in the long turn I'd get a replacement cable from
Mike Potter, they are very inexpensive, esp. considering how much things
will improve once you get it in.

hth,
TBerk