Re: 6x9's or bigger in a Rocco?

Do you mean in the front or the back?

I have seen people who have reinforced the rear deck
lid & put everything from 6.5" to 6X9 to 10" subs in
it.  But you really can't fit 6x9's on the side... at
least not in mine without chopping more metal than I
feel comfortable with.

I have seen 6.5's in the doors, but IMHO they didn't
look all that clean.  They won't fit in the stock trim
at all.

I have also heard of installations of 6.5 in the sides
of the back-seat area, and subs in the spare tire
well, and 6X9 kick panels in the foot wells.

I have 5.25 components in the doors, and 4X6 in the
back, and 2 10"subs in the trunk.  PLENTY loud enough
in that small of a car.  I just need some
bass-blockers for the rear 4x6 so I don't blow them...
and an amp for the components.  Oh, and once I "fixed"
my door panels that were flappin, the bass increased
dramatically in the front.

Mark

--- SubConSk8@aol.com wrote:
> Anyone ever installed something bigger than the
> 4x6's in an MK2 rocco? 4x6's
> are too small, I want something bigger. If you have
> installed bigger, how did
> you pull it off? TIA
>
> Stephen Mull
> '86 8v Rocco Black