Completely, totally, absolutely non-roc

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, today I realized a 13-year dream with the purchase of a beautiful
speeding-ticket red (known in-house as "Crimson Red") '87 Porsche 944.  I
paid a bit more than blue-book, but that extra $1.5k bought me:

1) the cleanest example of a 944 I've ever seen.  The guy showed it at
Porsche Club events.
2) The best damn documentation I have ever seen.  All service records,
window sticker, dealer inspection papers, etc. are included.
3) the main 944 trouble spots (among other things), which are motor
mounts ($500), water pump ($1K) and clutch ($1.5-2K) have been replaced
in the past 20K miles.
4) a car with a clean bill of health from his mechanic (I spoke to him.
He said he'd buy it if he could!).
5) A 944 without those ugly "phone dial" wheels to replace.  It has 16"
Boxter 5 spoke (actually, each spoke is actually a twin-spoke) wheels
with Michelin Pilot rubber.

I think I need a cigarette...

Of course, on the drive home from picking it up some shit decided he had
to prove that he's got a bigger penis than me almost hit me when he
passed me on the shoulder just so he could cut me off!  (How pissed would
I have been?!?)  But I guess I have to expect that sort of thing now.

I now have two Volkswagens and a Porsche.  I'm either doing something
really wrong, or I'm doing something really right...  But hell, sometimes
you just have to say "What the fuck..."

B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. "Fritz")
'85 Jetta