Re: Boge strut - color? WAS: Re: Did I do good today at the parts yard?

Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> writes:
> > (I think the yellow colored shocks start with a K. Shhh.)
> >
> > TBerk
>
> Hehee
>
> That reminds me - I've got a 16v parts car in my barn at
> the moment, and I noticed that (at least) the rear struts
> are Boge.  Did they use a different color for various
> types, i.e. Progas / Turbogas?  How can I tell what I've
> got?  They seem to be in decent shape.
>
> TIA!
>
> Daun Yeagley

I'm pretty sure that the Boge Turbos are black and that the Boge Progas'
are yellow.
All the Turbos that I have seen have been black. I have an '87 16V GTI
parts car with yellow Progas and undetermined lowering springs, but those
are the only Progas struts that I have seen.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'80 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco 16V
'83 GTI, daily driver

              To reply to the Scirocco list click here:
<mailto:thescirocco@juno.com,scirocco-l@scirocco.org>