to buy or not to buy...

...that is the question.

Yeah, I've run into another deal. This time I can buy a ported 16v head
(extrude honed and flowbenched w/10k miles on it) with a set of Schrick
262deg cams. They don't make those anymore, btw. The whole package would
set me back about $1500. What do y'all think?

As I see it a 16v head thats been ported by mortals (as in not
Techtonics or whatever) will typically run about $800 - $1600, right?
And a set of new Schricks are about $$650, yes? So... I'm only getting a
schweet deal if this thing is super cool with some extra groovyness on
the side...

Yeah, what is the consensus out there?

P.S. The seller is probably willing to part the cams out for about $525.

--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!