Re: Cincy - DRAG-- MB's Mk1

--- Kareem E Baddour <6keb1@qlink.queensu.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Mark Peele wrote:
> > The chassis on a '75 is essentially the same as an
> > '81. The reason that the '81 is heavier is the
> > accessories (F.I. vs carb, 5spd vs 4spd, etc.)
>
> You're right Mark...it must just be the ancillaries
> that make the difference..but if you get anal about
> it, did the '81 have extra sound deadening inside
> and
> or undercoating maybe? I guess I believed the
> autocrossers that perpetuated the legend that the
> '75's were lighter. What was Mannix's conclusion
> on this? Guess I better go check the archives.
> Kareem

I'll pass on the anal thing ;)

Well, the sound deadening did not seem any different
on my '75 Sciroccos than on any other MK1 I had. All
of my MK1 Sciroccos had the factory undercoating.

The seats were lighter on the early U.S. MK1 Sciroccos
than on the later MK1 Sciroccos (no height adjust - if
I remember correctly (I have not had a '75 since
1985).

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)