Random replies, ks, oil elak, etc..

I'm on digest, so if some of the responses are not timely..

Re: the oil cooler flange possible leak.  I think the original poster
found a leaking oil pressure sender (I had one go, too.  Diabolical
because I had a tee fitting for VDO oil pressure gauge.  The replacement
"dynammic" oil pressure switch had a lower bar rating.  Great way for VW
to solve a problem!).  Anyway, my old Bentley mentioned using a gasket
type sealer.  I used the "hardening" type Permatex to seal/secure that
pipe.

Relating to the oil pan gasket:  How long should you expect a 16V valve
cover gasket to last?  Did bro.'s car and thoroughly cleaned/tightened
fsteners.  Even used spare amounts of uerthane gasket sealer.  After
three years, my parts guy tells me that's not bad.  Can/should those
fasteners be retorqued as per the oil pan bolts?

Finally, getting the shocks out of rear lower mount:  All the advice
recommended was goood.  Don't hesitate to use that big (Craftsmen)
screwdriver or other prying implement to lever it out.  Getting it out
is easier than getting it back in, IM not so mechanical experience.
Don't be afraid getting creative about putting some other stuff on jack
pad to compress shock some more.  It may be enough to get it off before
it rebounds.  out.

 -- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre